Join the team at Adelson & Company PC
A&Co is the largest public accounting firm in Berkshire County and a highly respected audit, tax and advisory firm, serving clients throughout the United States, Canada and parts of Europe. We are a firm dedicated to long-term partnerships with our clients to help them achieve their financial, business and personal goals. At A&Co, every staff member is a valued and contributing member to our team. We have a culture that is committed to a work-life balance, and a mentoring program to assist all staff in achieving their individual professional goals.
At A&Co, we have worked collaboratively with our staff to understand what’s important to them. As a member of our team you will have the ability to control your own career path and achieve whatever professional goals are most important to you. Our mentoring process is designed to fit your professional goal objectives as those goals may change throughout your career. If your career goal is to be a member of a Director group then you will have the option to accomplish that goal with A&Co. Our office culture is productive but social and includes ongoing team building activities and corporate functions. Communication and feedback among staff and Directors occurs daily. Finally, A&Co believes in a balance of work and personal life. Our commitment to technology and a thoughtful work schedule allow our team to enjoy the wonderful life style the Berkshires has to offer.
Bright and energetic CPAs, experienced staff accountants, as well as recent graduates are encouraged to explore our job opportunities.
Client Project Coordinator
- Data entry and database management
- Preparation of computerized billing/statements/reports
- Project management – coordinating client project resources, client data and tracking projects
- Filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, etc.
- Inventory and Order supplies
- Office and equipment maintenance
- Answer telephone calls and manage appointments
- Organize and schedule training sessions and meetings for staff
- Bookkeeping using QuickBooks
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with all Microsoft Office Products, Adobe Acrobat Pro and QuickBooks
- Attentive to detail and excellent communication skills
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to work overtime January to April
- Work with Directors in managing engagements and client relationships in a defined client portfolio
- Review partnership, corporate, trust, and individual tax returns. Preparation of more complex partnership and corporate tax returns. Estate tax experience a plus.
- Work with senior audit team and staff members coordinating tax aspects of financial statements engagements
- Provide on-going tax updates
- Manage, train, develop and mentor junior level staff accountants
- Conduct in-depth and complex tax research
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting is required; MST, MSA or other industry related graduate degree is preferred
- CPA Designation required
- Minimum of five years of experience in partnership, corporate and individual taxation
- Strong focus in multi-partner partnership tax a plus
- Strong tax disclosure and tax research capabilities
- Strong strategic tax planning across all entity types including experience with entity and transaction structuring
- Experience with client representation before taxing authorities and responding to notices from taxing authorities
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish leadership among the A&Co team and clients
- Excellent organizational, and written/verbal communication skills
Please e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Adelson & Company PC
100 North Street
Pittsfield, MA 01201